Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Where are the good writers? In the blogosphere, that's where

Honestly folks, I'm not pounding my chest or touting my other peeps in Blogger Nation, but as far as sports writin' goes, the so called professionals just plain blow. Here's a rundown of the local and national hacks: Locally, Tim Cowlishaw is boring; Jean Jaques Taylor is marginally interesting at best; Kevin Sherrington is a douche; Rick Gosselin is a flat out fraud when it comes to the NFL and the Draft, as he doesn't follow college football until March, then stops after the draft in April; Randy Galloway is kind of interesting, but certainly not enough to buy the Fort Worth paper. Nationally, Rick Reilly (Sports Illustrated) comes off like a guy I'd like to punch dead in his grill; His bunk mates Peter King and Paul Zimmerman have missed the mark so many times it's not even funny anymore. The cats I like to read are in the blogosphere, such as: Los, El Padrino, Superstar, Deb and the best of all: the mysterious Comrade X (I'm anxiously awaiting his new spot to jump off). The best part is that they all are available free of charge. If any of y'all know anyone I've left off please tell me, and if you want to tell me who sucks, I'd like to hear that as well.

8 comments:

El Padrino said...

it's true

although I like Jason Whitlock and sometimes Bill Simmons is aiight.

Crassius Maximus said...

Whitlock is the fat dude from KC right?
Where does Bill Simmons ply his craft?

Deb said...

You seriously should look into being a sports writer. Your writing is pretty amazing! Even though football to me = hot wings and beer, I still read your stuff and think you should be in the article of the New York Times sports section. You're bound to make it big!

Crassius Maximus said...

Thanks Deb, u r the goods. Check in when u can and I promise this thing won't be all sports. I'll do some news and entertainment and so forth as well.

El Padrino said...

KC and AOL sports

simmons you can catch on ESPN.com, Page 2

X said...

I used to catch Whitlock on ESPN.com. The dude has Rayfield Wright-type credibility.

Deb, if football means hot wings and beer to you, then you totally have a grasp of the fundamentals.

Mama en Fuego said...

When I read sports posts all I see is "wah wah wah wah Steelers Rock wah wah wah wah, Raiders are pussies wah wah wah wah..."

Perhaps if I decide to come back from my blacation, you might perchance come visit again...

Crassius Maximus said...

In the Steelers vs. Raiders debate, I'll take the Raiders, fo' sho'!