Thursday, May 17, 2007

Phase II: When I know what it is, you will too

That's the deal. Always have a "phase II", in case your first plan doesn't work out. Phase II in this case is what the hell am I going to do now that I'm too washed up to play full contact football. Coaching ? Nope, I've done it before and the rush is nowhere near what playing was, that's why I played in 2006 and 2007. Golf ? The Steve-O once told me I'd get more of a rush out of it than football. I hit a 400 yard drive a few years ago, and although that was a nice moment (I had a witness and ev'ry thang), it still didn't measure up. Watch my sons play sports ? Man, I do that anyway, and although my 7 year old was league MVP on the best team in the league, that's for him. I can't live vicariously through my kids, as their life is their own. Weightlifting ? Again, I do that anyway, and it is really pretty damn boring. Motocross ? Comrade X swears by it, and it really is the only thing (other than sex) that gives me that endorphine dump I so desire, but living in the city makes it more of a some time thing than football, which dominated my life for the past 14 years. I just hung up the cleats 2 weeks ago, and I'm already starting to fidget. Like I said, when I know what phase II for me is, you will too.

2 comments:

El Padrino said...

there's always poker!

Anonymous said...

Tell 'im El-P....lol