Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Pimp C: 1973-2007 R.I.P.

The Godfather of Texas rap was found dead in his hotel room in Los Angeles Monday, dead of unknown causes. Along with Bun B, he was the founder of UGK, best known for their work on Jay-Z's Big Pimpin' (1998), considered the unofficial anthem of Dirty South rap. Like Pac, Biggie, Stevie Ray Vaughn and Jimi Hendrix, this dude will be missed. Some would say, hey, he's just another dead rapper, but those people are just dumb mutherfuckers. Not only did he contribute musically, the dude left behind 3 kids. I have been and always will be a huge Pimp C fan. Rest in peace, homie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

According to reports, wuzn't no drugs or heat involved in his demise....sound's like he wuz mortally overcome by "Death"...

El Padrino said...

Chest LB

gonna pour some of my fine shit out tonight for pimp C

Los said...

I'll be honest ... I don't listen to rap. Never heard of the guy ... but, I feel your pain, Crass.