Thursday, December 13, 2007

CM's old school joints

These are some of the more obscure (some not as obscure as others) jams I've been gettin' down to lately. Check 'em out on You tube if you like:

1. Tonic - If you could only see - great guitar riff and baseline
2. Expose' - Let me be the one - My favorite "club" jam of all time
3. Journey - Feeling that way - best Journey song ever and really the only one that stood the test of time for me
4. Living Colour - Solace of You - Brilliantly eclectic, James Earl Jones' son is their frontman by the way (Vernon Reid)
5. The Who - Pinball Wizard - Greatest Who song ever, Elton John's version rocks as well
6. Sly and The Family Stone - Hot Fun in the Summertime - Fucking great, man, fucking great
7. Kylie Minougue - Can't get you out of my head - I gotta be half a homo for admittin' that one, but the the shit is catchy
8. Seals and Croft - Summer Breeze - I've always thought this song could be remade into a harder version and be great
9. Cat Stevens - Peace Train - Don't know why, just dig it tho'
10. Jodeci - All My life - These cats border on Gospel what with their angelic singing and so forth, this song was written about JoJo's infant daughter

Lot of fruitty love tunes for a cat who counts Tupac, Rage Against The Machine, Chamillionaire, Led Zepplin and Superjoint Ritual among his faves, but with all the drama in my life lately, I'm feelin' a lil' nostalgic right about now.

8 comments:

Los said...

Ny favorite Journey song is "Be Good to Yourself."

I gotta say, I really dislike that Tonic song. Tonic had much better music than that.

I'm a big fan of Eminence Front from the Who - a newer song (1980's), but the riff is incredible.

Anonymous said...

"Summer Breeze" and "Peace Train"..?

Holy Shit!...You're slippin' UP..


(See?...we all got "Guilty Pleasures"....)

Anonymous said...

Hey man....It jus' shows yer heart...you gotta BIG one...When it's all said and done..."Havin' a Heart" is gonna put more points on the board than "Bein' Cool/Hip"..Peace my bro'...

El Padrino said...

sly is dope

El Padrino said...

Superfly

Crassius Maximus said...

Eminence Front is the 2nd best Who song ever.

I'm gettin' older , S.

Sly is more dope than most of us realize EP

Anonymous said...

Living Colour is fronted by Corey Glover...who is not related to James Earl Jones nor Danny Glover.
Still Solace of you is a great song

Crassius Maximus said...

You can always count on the blogosphere when you have factual errors. My homie Rob told me that LColour's frontman was James Earl Jones' son.