Monday, December 10, 2007

Lil' Black: We miss you already

Eddie Simmons (#11). The best kick returner in semi pro football, hands down. A good man as well. I'm tearing up as I type this...We love you, we miss you, we hope to see you in that upper room. I can't believe you are gone. Eddie was only about 5-7 and 165 lbs soaking wet, but he was absolutely fearless. Always upbeat and full of enthusiasm, always full of life, my former teammate Eddie "Lil' Black" Simmons will never be forgotten. The beer is not as cold and the victories are not as sweet without you here. Rest in peace, my brother.

3 comments:

Los said...

I remember when my brother died, the beer didn't taste as good ... It took a while, but the taste came back. Hang in there, Crass!

El Padrino said...

*sign of cross on chest

rip

Crassius Maximus said...

Thank you my brothers. You never know when your time is up, but your memories are vwat make you. Your condolences mean a lot to me.