Monday, March 19, 2007

Nostradamus Maximus

Ahhh, yes. Whilest we were away, one of the great predictions of our time came to pass. That's right, the Crassiest of Maximus was proven to be the final word in college football yet again as the Florida Gators were crowned national champs in 2007. In and of itself maybe not that hard to call, but when it is done 2 years in advance (January 17th, 2005) it deserves mention. I had made it a tradition to select my college football top 10 the day after all eligible players declared for the NFL draft, along with a hint as to next year's champ, but blogger and my crappy computer stymied my efforts for 2007. If you go over to The Jammy (Jan 16th or 17th, 2006) and look at my 2006 Top 10, you'll see that along wif my Flada pick, I mentioned LSU as my preseason #1 for 2007. Then QB Jamarcus Russell declared for the NFL draft, dealing a big blow to that prediction. Or does it? LSU has the extremely Irish Matt Flynn, a strong armed Texan, and dual threat Ryan Perriloux to battle for the QB job, so we'll see how that works out. Try to fight through the apathy sports fans as my 2007 College Football Top 10 is right around tha cona', y'all.

4 comments:

Los said...

Crass - I missed the football hook-ups. I guess you don't predict arena league, do ya?

Crassius Maximus said...

I know a few cats in the AFL and in arena 2, but even a football addict like me ain't got it like that, homie.

El Padrino said...

take the over, it hits 82% of the time

Crassius Maximus said...

I'll pass that along to th' Steve-o, the deuce's resident gambling degenerate.