Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Loose Change: Not the way I would have gone

Now this: Word came down yesterday that Dallas Maverick owner and head of Magnolia Pictures Mark Cuban is in talks to distribute the controversial film Loose Change, a slightly different account of the events of Sept. 11th 2001.The film, narrated by Charlie Sheen (me thinks that speaks for itself) suggests that the U.S. government orchestrated the 911 attacks in order to justify the ongoing war in Iraq. Cuban has stated that he does not believe the theory, but that by bringing it to the forefront, it can be exposed and dissected, and ultimately disproven. Cuban has raised a ton of money, and donated a ton of his own as well, to the families of those killed in the attack. That in and of itself doesn't give him a pass on this one, however. I believe that there are other ways to make money, and certainly other ways to generate buzz. The media explosion of the new millenium has given a forum for many alternative viewpoints, and some are just reckless. I'm going to continue to watch and root for the Mavericks, as the film is not titled Loose Change, presented by the Dallas Mavericks. Does Cubes have the right to release the film? Yes. Should he? I say absolutely not. Supposedly we have the right to burn the American flag, but I'm in no hurry to exercise that right. I appreciate what Cuban has done for the franchise, but I don't care for many of the movies he chooses to distribute, and this is one he should have stayed away from. If the claim in the movie is true, then execute every government figure involved, but please get some real evidence, not wild ass conjecture.

13 comments:

X said...

It's been debunked

Add Cubes picture to the page.

And no title for the Mavs. Genius Cubes believes the refs throw games all the time for their own reasons and simultaneously believes this can't impact the playoff officiating, sort of like many people simultaneously believe Bush masterminded 9/11 and Bush is also a retarded drooling moron.

Comrade X is banning the Mavs, but Comrade X hasn't been a fan of the NBA for a long time.

X said...

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons


there's the URL I was trying to link in my previous comment that debunks Loose Change.

Sorry about going off topic on your college football post. Time will tell if you've done it again.

El Padrino said...

i agrew with you crass

El Padrino said...

*agree

Mama en Fuego said...

I agrew too...er...

seriously though, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. And yes, I do believe that people need to hold more personal responsibility for perpetuating a bunch of baseless accusations. You what that's called? A propaganda film, Hitler made use of them rampantly during the war. Its why so many German's were unaware of what was really going on.

Crassius Maximus said...

Thanks X, El p and DB.

Crassius Maximus said...

Yeah, don't go off topic in your comments, it's just wack!

Sincerely, The Stevo

The Rev said...

"Bush masterminded 9/11"

OK, that one is hard to swallow. I give you that.

"Bush is also a retarded drooling moron"

Now we agree on something.

Crassius Maximus said...

Smoke, I'll just politely say that I question some of the presidents decisions as opposed to dropping a "drooling moron" blast on him.

Deb said...

"...Charlie Sheen suggests that the U.S. government orchestrated the 911 attacks in order to justify the ongoing war in Iraq."

It's ironic and not a conincident that the war took place shortly after the 9/11 attack, however, there is no hard evidence to prove that theory. There's so much behind it. Oil, the resentment that Sr. Bush had prior to Goerge W. taking over and the fact that the first war really didn't end.

Deb said...

Now, can I get a drink up in here?

The Rev said...

You may be polite about the president. That is your prerogative.

Me, I just enjoy calling him a drooling moron. It brings me joy.

Dan Rather

Deb said...

Fool me once...shame on you...

Fool me twice, well, then...I'm just a big ol' fool---period!

G.W. Bush