Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Every now and then, you get some GOOD news

Man, this is good news. In a world where miscreants prey on the naive, the young, and women, we often hear of people disappearing for a few days and then turning up dead. Well, this week we had not one but two missing persons incidents in which the outcome was glorious instead of tragic. First, a Boy Scout went missing in the Georgia woods and was miraculously found 4 days later. On the local front, two young ladies (17 and 20) went to a Dallas area movie theater on Saturday afternoon, then a friend of theirs recieved a frantic cellphone call for help around 4am.This was the only clue, and seemed to be a harbinger of the inevitable. Well, today the young girls were found, albeit assaulted and 150 miles from home, and they were still alive. When I saw the news dis mornin', I was overcome with one thought: God is good, holmes. It was the exact same thought I had this past November 15th when my truck flipped 5 times due to a wet road, 45 mile an hour winds and my love of speeding. I crawled out of the back window, and escaped with only a cracked clavicle, yet another concussion to add to my growing collection, and a slightly separated shoulder. Looking at the wreckage, I knew I had caught a break, as did every motorist who arrived on the scene had told me. Not only did I, my two youngest sons did as well, by not being with me at the time. Good lookin' out God, as incidents of this nature help a sometimes devilish cat like me keep the faith.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...the Boy Scout and the young ladies were probly good people...but the fact that YOU dodged the bullet tells us just how strong His forgivness capabilities are...

The Rev said...

So wait a minute...

you all posting here, or over at the old Jammy? Cause I see new stuff on both.

Crassius Maximus said...

Stevo holds out hope he can get us back into the original, but I want to start posting every day so I'll be over here for now.

Los said...

Wow - I had no idea about your wreck! I remember getting hit by a car when I was in 5th grade - I basically brushed myself off, got up, and continued walking to a friend's house to play hockey.

El Padrino said...

amen

Crassius Maximus said...

Stevo - That and the fact that as I prove time and time again, I'm double Irish tough, homeboy
los - hockey and football are very similar to car wrecks, when played properly
El p - Amen indeed brother