Wednesday, March 5, 2008

CM's outward sports contradictions

I hate the Eagles, yet I watch Invincible constantly. Great film.

I hate the Oklahoma Sooners more than any college team, yet I believe Bob Stoops is the finest college football coach in the country. When my sons ask me what a college football coach looks like, I'll begrudgingly point to Stoops. He's classy, plus his favorite food is steak, and as he says: "I don't feel any explanation is necessary on that one"

I hate the Packers as well, hell I hate all NFL teams not named the Dallas Cowboys, yet Brett Favre is hands down the most talented QB I've ever seen. Great arm, great release, good size, good speed, and tougher than a government mule. Looking at him in the huddle, you have to think you've always got a chance. Montana and Unitas were geniuses, Bradshaw and Aikman are big horses with big arms, Tom Brady and Roger Staubach are cool under pressure, Marino and Fouts are brilliant pure passers. John Elway is the only one that compares to Favre physically, and Favre has a better arm and is a lil' quicker than Elway. Plus he never misses games....Ever.

The 2007 NY Giants were the best team in football. No lucky bounces, no bullshit calls, they earned that ring...My hatred for them goes without saying.

The Redskin cheerleaders are better looking than the Cowboys' cheerleaders. Watch the sidelines of Redskin games if you get a chance, they have one in particular that makes me excuse myself for 3.6 minutes, then return to watching the game not as interested in her as before, then after a hoagie, I regain interest...Again, I have a deep hatred of the Redskins.

All of the Boston Mass.(BC, Celtics, Pats, BoSox) hype gets on my nerves, but my travels around the nation tell me they have the best fans, edging out New York,Philly and Chicago. All of the winning makes them cocksuckers tho'.....But I ain't bitter.

The 49ers are quite bi-curious as well, yet Bill Walsh's offense is my Bible of the passing game.

LeBron James seems like a better, more likable human than Kobe Bryant, (James's son is named Maximus) but for the past 3 years and for the forseeable future, Kobe is the best player in the world. His ability to handle the basketball is the key to his game. You could vote him or Tim Duncan MVP every year, and I wouldn't have a problem wid it.

Remember, when you want to see....Aww fuck it, my recurring cybersegments end up failing any way (It's good to be the King, anybody, anybody?)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heresdadeal....Media hype loves Brett....and, he may be a very talented QB, and I agree witya on that...but he is farrrrr from the "best ever" as people say...matterafact..I'd have probs puttin' him in my "Top Ten"...

The last "Big Game" that over-rated bastard won wuz 10 fuckin' years ago..

Doug Williams won as many Super Bowls as that sumbitch...jus' sayin' now..


'Nuff of the crap...

Anonymous said...

3.6 minutes?!?!...I can do that in 58 seconds...and sometimes it takes an hour...but it's a GOOD hour...

El Padrino said...

your qb analysis was spot on

Crassius Maximus said...

Thanks El P. Good 58 second blast, S. This dude had one hall of famer type on offense(Sterling Sharpe was on his way before injury cut him short, and Favre only had him one year, 1993) Elway had TDavis when he won, Montana had Rice and Craig, Bradshaw had the Curtain, Swann, and Harris, Aikman had the greatest team ever around him, the 90's Cowboys would whip any NFL team today or since, Fouts had Wes Chandler, JJefferson, KWinslow and Chuck Muncie, Staubach had Doomsday, Drew, Bullet Bob, Tony D, BJ Dupree et al, while Farve had bunch of spares. Only Marino had less to work wif, and not by much. Clayton and Duper vs. Brooks and Freeman is not even a push, but DLevens was a tinge better than BHumphrey. PURE TALENT HOLMES. THROWING, RUNNING, SHOWING UP EVERY GAME. His release is as good as Namath, his arm is Marino like, he ran a 4.6 into his mid 30's, he was tougher than Aikman or Bradshaw which is sayin' something, and his team's seasons weren't ruined when he didn't show up, he NEVER didn't show up. I had Fouts and Marino on my list wif NO RINGS my man, I just think you are missing the point

Crassius Maximus said...

As for Brady, he plays for the best team in a parity driven, anyone can win it all by getting hot at the right time era NFL. The 90's Cowboys beat the Pats 58 to 10, the 90's Niners beat 'em by 20 at least, and Elway's Broncs would favored in a game vs. the Pats, and hell the 90's Bills could hang wif 'em. And here's one for ya, S, the Moon led Houston Oilers could give 'em a game too.

Los said...

Elway was the best quarterback ever in my eyes.

You have to admire the passion of Philly fans - they stick with their teams through thin and thin (sadly, there is no thick).

Crassius Maximus said...

Like I said only Elway has a comparable physical package. Elway is the truth, man.

The Rev said...

Invincible... one of the finest movies in recent years!

The Rev said...

And Vince Papale... a native of my hometown, as well as Los'.

Movie still gives me chills.

Anonymous said...

Crass..."...I just think you are missing the point.."

One of us is...

Crassius Maximus said...

Yes. It's you. Again, I said and backed up with facts, his PHYSICAL ABILITIES. Period. You keep talking about winning like it's not a team sport, when clearly you need help to win in football more than any other sport. All the guys I mentioned won to differnt degrees, playoffs, the Super Bowl. A lucky few more than once. Your talking about WINNING, I'm talking about PURE TALENT.

Crassius Maximus said...

Oh, and while I've got ya, keep that phone handy too, A-hole. I haven't gotten off of our lil' project, I've just been the sickest I've ever been in my whole life this week, and I have no voice. I'll be in touch, soon.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your talent assessment and I think the Elway-Favre comparison is right on...I'm jus' sick of the Favre funeral dirge..it's maudlin and goofy...He's a football player retiring fer crissake...not an assassinated President...

Anonymous said...

oh...git well..

Crassius Maximus said...

Ok. The hype is a lil' much. I can dig it. Thanks. The meds are workin' and I'm comin' around.