Friday, February 29, 2008

NERDS!!!!!

Disclaimer: Just like no one cares about fantasy football, the apathy towards gamers is off the chain.

Here's the latest on my Madden 2008 rebuilding project, The Houston Texans: I've converted the defense to a 4-3, gave up picks (a 2nd and 3rd rounder, plus Kailee Wong) to acquire Denver DE Jarvis Moss and Carolina CB Chris Gamble, to add some speed on the edge, and signed FA MLB Al Wilson, so I could move DeMeco Ryans to the out side. This has worked as the defense is extremely quick, and Mario Williams and Moss are the fastest DEs in the league. The offense has been very below average. The offensive line is old and mediocre, and Ahman Green is a fumbling, injury prone bastard. I'll revamp that area in the off season. Andre Johnson is the only bright spot, as Matt Schaub is average at best. At this rate I'll be picking high in the draft, as our record through 4 weeks is 1-3. I'll most likely have a fire sale at the trade deadline to acquire more picks and get out from under some bad contracts, as former GM Charley Casserly left this thing a complete mess. The Stevo can attest to that.

More updates to follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, Casserly sucks...I know the Texans need a corner but if Mendenhall is there (no way)..they better grab him...Heard Minnesota offered a 3rd round pick for Sage R..phuck dat shit..In a league where it's paramount to have a good back-up QB, I think the Texans might wanna stand pat..

WTF is Jerry Jones thinkin' 'bout McFaddin?...that's crazy..